In our description database there are 2 solutions for performing hard reset for Dell Venue 8.
Choose the first method and follow the steps to perform a hard reset. If the first solution does not work, try the next method.
Please remember! Hard reset will delete any and all data your device contains; like pictures, contacts, messages, apps etc. Everything. Dell Venue 8 device will be brought back to the same configuration as that of a brand new device.
1. Hi. Do turn your phone on.
2. Select Menu, Settings, Backup and Reset and select Factory Data Reset.
3. Continue by tapping Reset Device. Select Erase Everything.
4. Good job, the hard reset process is complete.
1. Hello. Please press the Power button to turn your phone on.
2. Now press & hold the Volume Down and Power button for a few seconds.
3. Stop pressing these buttons after DELL logo pops on screen.
4. Enter Recovery Mode by using Volume buttons to scroll and Power button to confirm.
5. Select the wipe data/factory reset option. Use Volume buttons button to scroll and Power button button to select.
6. Next, choose the Yes or Yes - delete all user data option.
7. Lastly, select reboot system now. Your phone will now restart. Good job, be proud.